Everyone played beautifully at the recital on Saturday night.
Here is what we do at the party:
- Everyone arrives in costume
- Party-goers have fun talking to the “Talking Pumpkin”
- My students perform a creepy piece.
- Costume contest prizes are handed out. (2 first place prizes received a $5 Five-Below gift card!)
- Students proceed DOWN DOWN DOWN to the “Haunted Hallway”
- Surprise treats of glow in the dark sticks, tattoos, creepy teeth, and stickers are passed out throughout the party.
- We all enjoyed pizza, chips and punch.
- Lots of fun and friend-time!
- Everyone fills their bags at the “Candy Buffet”
- Happy Halloween!!
We all had such a great time.
I want to especially like to thank Heather, Denise, and Mia for their help. I can assure you I could NOT have done this without them! THANK YOU!!!
Enjoy the photos….I’ll let them speak for themselves!
Click on the link below for the music program.
I just don’t know how to express just how PROUD I am of all of my students. They have all worked so hard this year, not only on their pieces, but on all of the requirements of their awards. Many of my students are now able to share their piano talents with others out and about in the community. Three are even playing out as professional accompanists for both Belvedere and Folger McKinsey Elementary School Chorus concerts.
Yesterday we had our end of the school year Awards Recital and it was fabulous. Everyone had a great time hearing all the pieces. Many of the parents commented to me about how nice it was to learn about the composer Claude Debussy and hear 3 of his pieces come to life at our own recital. Colleen gave us all an amazing finale with her performance of the Pathetique Sonata- what a great musical way to end the day.
I can’t wait to see what pieces next year’s recital program will hold!
*correction- Little Shepherd is # 5 of Debussy’s Children Corner Suite
Our Christmas boxes contain:
- each student’s name on a slip of paper
- Decorative stickers
- Christmas tags
Then they write a note of encouragement to the student they picked and place the tag in our holiday mailbox. When the students arrive next week, they will all find a festive and encouraging note from a piano friend!
We had a great time!!!
It’s almost time for our annual Halloween party here at the studio and all of my students are eagerly practicing their creepy Halloween pieces to play for each other. My students will perform in costume and then be in for a ghoulishly fun time at the party! Only 3 days to go!